Thursday, February 12, 2009

Battle Lines are Drawn

It was 0230 hrs in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, when I and my friend were going back to home from the office. Road was empty and our autowala was driving with high speed after having couple of pegs of country wine.

My eyes suddenly got lit up, both sides of the road was decorated with sparkling fancy lights.  As I was in a very light mood as told my friend that it seemed like a set of the movie of Mr. Raj Kapoor in the night. He responded with laughter that yeah Raj Kapoor, the greatest Show man of Hindi Cinema. (Guys stop calling it Bollywood, don’t try to be identical, we are unique.) I nodded my head and said yeah that place is empty after his demise. Many directors have been trying to grab the position but none succeeded.

My friend counter attracted me and arguably told me that I was wrong that place was filled then.

He continued, “May be none of the director is able to do so, but the place is not empty after 2002.”

I started thinking, if not director then who else can fill the place? And then suddenly realize what he was referring to. Those fancy lights on both the side of the road.

No it wasn’t for any marriage reception or for any other religious procession. These decorations were meant for the inauguration of the new Police Station. That surprised me. But then why not? After all this is the main Police Station of the constituency that belongs to none other than the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr. Narendra Mody.

NM

Well neither those lightings not police station is at the heart of the subject. Being a political journo I am certainly going to talk about politics only.

It was beginning of the winter in Nov. 2007 when I speculated that soon after the Gujarat Assembly Election-which was in Dec. 2007- Narendra Mody will be shifted to Delhi. Let me say technically I was wrong, as he is still there where he was. Well its different thing that he has become stronger and taller leader for India in BJP.

Its hard earned reputation he is having. It’s not mere a co-incident that today every corner of Gujarat is flourishing with development and state itself seems like, become a heart of India. It’s his development agenda which has put Gujarat on high growth path. 3rd consecutive victory in Assembly poll helped him gain the status he is having today. I don’t know what others are having in their mind about MR Mody, but ask any Gujarati, you will have solution of your beliefs. After Gujarat poll, many political commentators started spreading rumors that now he has become as taller as L K Advani and he is contender for the Prime Minister ship. That was an effort had gone in vain was made by few congress backed TV journalists to create a rift within the BJP.

Guys, I am really faded up with these ready-to-die politicians. Aren’t you? I mean as we say in Hindi, “ek pair kabar me he fir bhi kursi chhut-ti nahi”. I have a dream. It’s a long awaited desire in me. I really wanna see this desire come true in this very election.

I really don’t wanna see the political strangle between Mrs. Sonia Gandhi and L K Advani. I wanna fresh faces and young boiling blood – like I have – to see at loggerhead. And what batter alternative we can have then his election will politically be fought between Mr. cool and confident Mr. Rahul Gandhi, the face of young, enthusiastic and exuberant India, and relatively young and face of a new developed India Mr. Narendra Mody. This is much awaited political battle I really wanna see this election.

As always, most revered and respectful, and of course knowledgeable too, political experts are ready to face another defeat. Normally they go wrong during the pre-poll and post-poll analyses, but as this time Government of India has banned any kind of speculation on election, they have started making noise long before election. Its 3more months to go before India will go into the election frame. Those have started calling this May 2009 poll, uninteresting, dry and unproductive election, and eventless election. As if they have result chart in their hand and they have already gauge the mood of the electoral India.

Well, let them talk “yes None Sense” things. I am excited, elated and joyful knowing the fact that battle line are already drawn underneath my feet, Seems like at the door steps. I am not intended to prove those political experts wrong but I can see that even though elections are relatively away, Soil of Gujarat is becoming battle filed for the Indian Politics, initially.

RG

Rallies, right into the kingdom of Narendra Mody, under his Nose in Ahmedabad by Rahul Gandhi is a proof that Rahul is intended to create a dent in BJP fort. 3 day trip to cover almost the whole Gujarat, is a clear sign that this political fight is not for a time being but a prolong one. Yesterday was women “sam-melan” organized by the BJP. Today its inauguration of the police station. This all are ways to tackle the “Rahul effect” Gujarat.

Frequent visit of Rahul Gandhi can’t be politically tolerated by Narendra Mody, so certainly he is going to try and curb the impact and will throw salvos every now and then on this new Gandhi, as he did jus yesterday calling him “a boy with silver spoon” in his mouth can’t understand the way of grass root workers of BJP.

This is my dream to see these two completely different characters of Indian politics at each other’s loggerhead rather than Mrs. Gandhi and L K Advani. So guys wait and watch these politicians are going to prove their commentators again wrong. But guys rests assure neither these politicians nor those commentators going to design this election. We the people are going to make it interesting and worthy.

We are going to determine the future of this nation and we have the opportunity this time around to make it count. You choose Rahul or Mody, doesn’t matter, but you go for a vote, a thoughtful vote is what important, not just sake for the vote.

Let’s make this opportunity a worthy exercise for the nation for the batter future.

No comments:

My Voice

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Philosophy, Psychology, Spiritualism, Economics, Theology, Love, Life n Relationship r having my Imprint.